DraftRuss.Org Blog

Russ Feingold for President

Thursday, December 23, 2004

2008 starting in 2006?

Boston.com / News / Local / Romney declares he will run for reelection: "Earlier this week, Romney told a roundtable of State House reporters that he was ready for the Democrats' challenge. ''They say: 'Oh he's not going to run again. He's not going to run again,' ' Romney said. ''Well, I've got some news for them: I am going to run again. So come on in, I'm happy to face them. And if they want to think about whether they're going to face an opponent named Romney in the fall, the answer is, yeah, that's what they should plan for.'
But yesterday, Romney sidestepped one critical question: whether he would serve out the full four-year term if reelected. He is seen by pundits and GOP activists to be eyeing a 2008 presidential run.
''You know, I'm taking everything just as I've described it,' Romney said at the North End event. ''I've got no additions, no subtractions.'"


Romney is a possibility for 2008. Supposedly by running for re-election as Governor in 2006 he is trying to downplay that possibility. But we all know better.

MyDD pointed this out today, which really made me think:

Since he is, among other things, a 2008 aspirant, he becomes a high value target for Democrats in 2006. Defeating him, Allen, Pataki and Santorum would prove highly embarrassing to the GOP. Also, winning the NYC mayor's race in 2005, the Florida Governor's race in 2006, and having Harold Ford Jr. take Frist's Senate seat should all be top-tier targets for Democrats. We can crush the 2008 Republican Presidential field in 2006.

Could it be that simple? Pataki is looking to get trounced by NY Attorney General Elliot Spitzer for NY Governor. The young Dem leader Harold Ford Jr. will be taking on Bill Frist for his Tennessee Senate seat, and that should be a good race. It looks like Joe Hoeffel ('04 Specter opponent) will make a run at Santorum, and other possibilities to face him are Barbara Hafer (D) - State Treasurer, Ex-State Auditor, Nurse & '90 GOP Governor Nominee, Kathleen McGinty (D) - State EPA Director, and T.J. Rooney (D) - State Democratic Chairman. Jeb Bush cannot run for re-election, so the Florida Governorship is wide open. I don't know who Allen will face, if he is running again. There seems to be some truth that we could delegitamize much of the 2008 field in 2006, but we can only do that with strong candidates.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ebook Manic said...

Ficus,
Great post. I found your post a good read. You may be interested in automated delivery.

Any recommendations for the best infromation about automated delivery? Nice one.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Joe Langer said...

Hello Ficus,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " this post ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on mydd. I found some good stuuf on mydd but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

4:29 AM  
Blogger Joe Langer said...

Ficus,
Great post. I found your post a good read. You may be interested in ebook delivery.

Any recommendations for the best infromation about ebook delivery? Nice one.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Ebook Manic said...

Hello Ficus,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " this post ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on digital delivery. I found some good stuuf on digital delivery but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ebook Manic said...

Hello Ficus,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " this post ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on dlguard. I found some good stuff on dlguard but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home