DraftRuss.Org Blog

Russ Feingold for President

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Feingold votes NO on Gonzales -

Daily Kos: "As all of my colleagues on this Committee know, I believe that Presidents are entitled to a great deal of deference in their cabinet nominations. I have voted in favor of a number of this President's nominees, including the current Attorney General, with whom I had serious disagreements on matters of policy and general ideology. My votes may not have always pleased my political supporters, or my party's leadership. But in carrying out my part in the constitutional scheme, as one who is asked to advise on and consent to a President's nominations, I am guided by my conscience, and by the history and practices of the United States Senate. Rejecting a cabinet nominee is a very rare event. The decision to do so must never be taken lightly.
Mr. Chairman, I have reached the conclusion, after a great deal of thought and careful consideration, that I cannot support Judge Gonzales's nomination."


In his own words. Considering Senator Feingold's view of confirmations of Presidents' nominees, this is a big deal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ebook Manic said...

Hi Ficus, very interesting post.

I'm not too familiar with blogs, but I found your post " this post " a good read. I was actually looking for information on ebook delivery and found your post. Any recommendations for the best infromation about ebook delivery?

Nice one.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Joe Langer said...

Hi Ficus, very interesting post.

I'm not too familiar with blogs, but I found your post " this post " a good read. I was actually looking for information on mydd and found your post. Any recommendations for the best infromation about mydd?

Nice one.

3:38 AM  
Blogger Joe Langer said...

Hello Ficus,

I am based in the UK and I stumbled across your post " this post ".
I'm quite keen on finding any useful information on automated download software. I found some good stuuf on automated download software but I wondered whether you may have any advice on the best resources out there.

Thanks in advance.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Ebook Manic said...

Hi Ficus,

I see you share my interest in secure download. Your input would mean a lot to me. If you would be so kind to visit my site and give me your feedback, I would most appreciate it.

Thanks

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home