DraftRuss.Org Blog

Russ Feingold for President

Monday, February 07, 2005

Feingold on C-Span's Q&A

>> Feingold's Q&A Interview


Senator Feingold was on C-Span's Q&A last night, covering topics from 'what it means to be progressive' to 'why the McCain-Feingold Campaign Finance Reform was effective and what to do next' to 'why earmarks should be separate votes', just to list a few.

The appearance was excellent. Feingold's answers, as always, gave me further insight into where he stands and why. One particularly interesting bit caught my attention:


"I grew up believing that marriage is between a man and a woman. That’s the way I understood it. But I don’t think it’s my job to sit in judgment on people on that issue. I believe this is up to the states. And I generally think a society where people who are monogamous, where people who love each other come together and form stable families is better than the opposite. And so, I don’t think it’s my job as a United States senator to pass judgment on who should be married."


This is one of the strongest stands I've seen Feingold take yet in favor of getting the government out of our bedrooms. This is a big issue for me because I've never seen the purpose of letting someone in an office somewhere tell you who you can love and how you can love them, permitted you're not infringing upon anyone's rights.


One final note: www.draftruss.com was mentioned on the program. We were referred to as "a blogger who follows your every move". That's not entirely the case, given that we are more than a blog, we're a movement. Every time that anyone out there gets involved, you are as important as we are

It's somewhat amusing,though, that we were painted this time as being one person with an obsession while last time, on The Note, we were more or less accused of being a task force on the senator's payroll. One of these days those silly pundits'll learn that not everything works in extremes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I over warm-hearted post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the whole story.

3:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home